Timmins, Ontario - Monday, October 2, 2017
The Porcupine Health Unit, along with several partners, is hosting a local health fair featuring a variety of booths and speakers. In addition, we will be offering the influenza vaccine to older adults.
“Since older adults are often attending our events, this is a great opportunity for us to showcase what services are available to them,” says Natalie Vachon Ukrainetz, Public Health Nurse. “The booths will be manned by health professionals, such as a public health nurse, a dietitian and a pharmacist or volunteers that deal with seniors on a daily basis.”
Don’t miss out on the health fair happening in your community.
- Cochrane – Monday, October 30, 2017, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the Transfiguration Church Hall. For more information, contact Karen Belair-Girard at 705-272-3394 ext. 4202.
- Hearst – Wednesday, November 1, 2017, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Club Action Hearst. For more information, contact Diane Fillion at 705-362-4854 ext. 4118.
- Hornepayne – Thursday, October 26, 2017, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion Br. 194. For more information, contact Natalie Vachon Ukrainetz at 807-868-2091 ext. 5222.
- Iroquois Falls – Thursday, October 19, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Iroquois Falls Recreation Centre. For more information, contact Terry Boucher at 705-258-2247 ext. 4315.
- Kapuskasing – Tuesday, October 24, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Civic Centre. For more information, contact Joanne Bennett at 705-335-6101 ext. 6202.
- Matheson – Friday, October 27, 2017, from 1:00 to4:00 p.m. at the Floyd Hembruff Civic Centre. For more information, contact Jennette Lougheed at 705-273-2954 ext. 4410.
- Moosonee – Wednesday October 25, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Independent Living Housing Complex. For more information,Contact Brittany Herd at 705-336-2294 ext. 325.
- Smooth Rock Falls – Thursday, October 26, 2017, from10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Community Center. For more information, contact Valérie Ouellette at 705-338-2654 ext. 6325.
- Timmins – Friday, October 27, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.at Science Timmins (behind City Hall). For more information, contact Patrick Nowak at 705-267-1181 ext. 2369.
The Porcupine Health Unit is located in Northeastern Ontario, serving the entire Cochrane District and Hornepayne, in Algoma District. The main office is located in Timmins, Ontario, with branch offices in Cochrane, Hearst, Hornepayne, Iroquois Falls, Kapuskasing, Matheson, Moosonee and Smooth Rock Falls.