This fall, the PHU is celebrating 75 years service to our communities. It will also be celebrating the hundreds of professionals that have served our communities since 1944.
All nine health unit offices will be holding celebrations to recognize the milestone. Dr. Catton notes there will also be historical photos published on their Facebook page with an emphasis on how the services and the staff have changed with the times.
Help us celebrate our 75th anniversary this fall by visiting one of our Open House events. More dates to come!
- Kapuskasing - Friday, October 18, 10:00 a.m. - noon
- Matheson - Wednesday, October 30, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Smooth Rock Falls - Tuesday, October 22, 10:30 -11:30 a.m.
- Cochrane - Tuesday, October 22, 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- Moosonee - Monday, November 25, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Iroquois Falls - Thursday, November 21, 11:00 a.m. - noon
To help celebrate 75 years of the health unit supporting healthy living in healthy communities, please join us at one of our free community events.
- Timmins: Skating at the McIntyre Arena
Sunday, October 27, — 5 to 6 p.m.
- Timmins: Swimming at the Archie Dillon Sportsplex
Saturday, November 9 — 3 to 4 p.m.
- Cochrane: Swimming at the Tim Horton Events Centre
Saturday, November 16 — 2 to 3 p.m.
- Iroquois Falls: Swimming at the Jus Jordan Arena
Friday, November 22 — 6 to 8 p.m.
- Kapuskasing: Swimming at the Donat Brousseau Pool
Saturday, November 23 – 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Moosonee: Skating at the Moosonee Arena
Monday, November 25 – 5 to 7 p.m.