Bureau de santé Porcupine Health Unit
Pregnant or Pregnancy Planning
We offer genetic services to individuals who have concerns regarding a current or future pregnancy.
- three or more miscarriages;
- inability to get pregnant;
- a family history of a hereditary condition or birth defects;
- past history of a pregnancy with a chromosome abnormality;
- abnormal prenatal ultrasounds and/or a positive prenatal screening; or
- couples who may be related by blood (example: cousins).
Speak to your doctor or nurse practitioner about a referral to our program.
For additional information about prenatal screening and genetic testing options, we recommend visiting one of these links:
Prenatal Screening Ontario