For Canadians who have recently travelled
The Government of Canada has put in place an Emergency Order under the Quarantine Act that applies to all travellers arriving in Canada in order to slow the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in Canada.
Travellers with symptoms: mandatory isolation
If you have recently returned to Canada and you have symptoms, you must self-isolate. This is mandatory.
Mandatory isolation means you MUST:
- Go directly to the place where you will isolate, without delay, and stay there for 14 days
- Go to your place of isolation using private transportation only, such as your personal vehicle
- Stay INSIDE your home
- Do not leave your place of isolation unless it is to seek medical attention
- Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible
- Do not have visitors and limit contact with others in the place of isolation, including children
- Do not isolate in a place where you will have contact with vulnerable people, such as older adults and individuals with underlying medical conditions
- If your symptoms get worse, immediately contact your health care provider or public health authority and follow their instructions
Travellers without symptoms: mandatory self-isolation
If you have recently returned to Canada and you have no symptoms, you must self-isolate. This is mandatory. You are at risk of developing symptoms and infecting others.
This means you MUST:
- Go directly to your place of quarantine, without delay, and stay there for 14 days
- Monitor your health for symptoms of COVID-19
- Arrange to have someone pick up essentials like groceries or medication for you
- Do not have visitors
- Stay in a private place like your yard or balcony if you go outside for fresh air
- Keep a distance of at least 2 metres from others
You can take public transportation to get to your place of self-isolation after you arrive in Canada, but you must not stop on the way home. Practice physical distancing at all times.
If you develop symptoms within 14 days:
- Continue to isolate yourself from others
- Do the online self-assessment or call the Porcupine Health Unit at 705-267-1181.
Find more information on our physical distancing and self-isolation page.
Learn about travel advisories on the Governement of Canada travel page.
Check the listed exposure locations to see if you may have been exposed to COVID-19.