Skip to main content Skip to Navigation Skip to Footer
page banner image

Who will work with my child?

Speech-language pathologists (SLP) are regulated health professionals. They have obtained at least a Master's degree in speech-language pathology. You can learn more about what we do by visiting the College of Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario. The speech-language pathologist provides assessments, treatment and consultation services. They are also responsible for supervising the speech-language assistants as they implement your child's therapy plan.

A speech-language assistant (SLA) assigned to work with you and your child carries out programming to address your child’s communication goals. The speech-language pathologist will monitor your child’s progress through direct observation and discussion with the SLA. The goals will be updated as needed. The SLP will be available to discuss your child’s progress at any time.