Bureau de santé Porcupine Health Unit
The Harm Reduction Program
The Harm Reduction Program is involved in a variety of services including:
- Offering harm reduction supplies (including sterile needles) to people who use drugs in order to reduce the risk of HIV transmission and other blood-borne infections.
- Offering FREE nasal spray naloxone kits and overdose prevention training. Visit our Opioid Awareness and Prevention page to learn more.
- Offering testing for blood-borne infections such as Hepatitis C and HIV.
- Promoting and offering immunizations to vulnerable populations.
- Providing a venue to dispose of sharps.
- Community outreach.
- Referrals to other agencies.
- Providing FREE needle disposal kits to the public. To learn more, visit our Safe Handling and Disposal of Needles
- Providing naloxone to eligible organizations for distribution
- Providing presentations to community agencies and the general public.